Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sagivh
Employee
Employee

Card with only last day data

Hello, I have a trend that shows daily active users and I want to have a card showing only the last day of that trend, it seems the card has a filter by date but i need to pick a date and cannot set "last day" as a value. 

Any idea how I can take an existing table and only show last day of values in a card?

thanks a lot. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Based on the filter context it takes last of that period and if no filter then it takes the latest date.

And its dynamic based on incremental data

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
st_ben83
Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem. In the card visual, if I put a date filter, and use "is in this day" filter, it shows the previous day.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@sagivh 

If you simply want the last date that should consider filter than you can use Last Or the max function after putting the date on the card.  In Visualization pane right-click on the name of Date and do that.

If you want from the table and do not want to consider any filter

Max Date = calculate(Max(Table[Date]),All(Table))

Say filter is no date table joined with this and only want all dates then

Max Date = calculate(Max(Table[Date]),All(Date))

Thank you very much Amit, on the card the date doesnt appear on visualization, only the total data. if I add the datetime to my filters of that visualization I can only select an actual date to filter by and no LAST or MAX. 

@sagivh , I am not sure I got it. Now I am confused about what you need now. Card visual can show only one value.  So it can be first, last or concatenated value

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/concatenatex-function-dax

For more values, you have to choose other visual like table, charts or maybe multi-KPI

VijayP
Super User
Super User

@sagivh 

Try using  = LASTDAY(date column in your data).

Please let me if this is a solution for your question and please mention this as solution and give your Kudos

Regards

Vijay Perepa

Watch my Power BI Tutorial Videos at  Vijay Perepa-A MEET Z Tech

MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

Take the card with whatever your trend value and set the "Max" by clicking on the trend column from the data field.
Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

Thank you very much for a quick reply. so if i select the last day its an actual date, and the next day it will stay one day behind... 

Based on the filter context it takes last of that period and if no filter then it takes the latest date.

And its dynamic based on incremental data

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.