Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AbdulAzizAmod

Card visualization count error?

Good Day all,

I'm using a card visual to display the number incidents in specific states. The problem I'm having is that the card is counting one less or one more than the rows in that table/query. 

An example is the Total number of Open incidents Card that I want to display. The final query shows 36 entries/rows; however, the card visualization shows 35. I've included some snips below for further detail. 

For another card, theres 5 rows in the finaly query, but the card displays a count of 6. Could someone please explain why this is happening and where I've perhaps went wrong?

Let me know if further info is required.

Fields.PNGQuery.PNGTotal incidents Card.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @AbdulAzizAmod,

Could you please mark the proper answer if it's convenient for you? That will be a help to others.

Best Regards!
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @AbdulAzizAmod,

Could you please do some troubleshooting as below:

Method 1. Add a Card visual, count the other column of the same table. (like "id" or "persid"). See the result.

Method 2. Click "table visual" to change the visual type. See the total first, then select "Don't summarize" to see the details. Check if anyone is missed.

Best Regards!

Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @AbdulAzizAmod,

That's strange. Could you please check these items below?

1. Are there any duplicates?

2. Did you apply any filter or slicer?

3. "Count" or "Count distinct"?

Card visualization count error.jpg

Best Regards!

Dale

Hi there v-jiascu,

1. There are no duplicates in the list.

2. No filters or splicers have been applied.

3. It's set to "Count"; however, setting to "Count Distinct" yields the same results as the values are unique already.

I did notice that when I refreshed the data, my results seem to tie up, with the exception of 1 or 2. I'm assuming the issue may be related to the graphic is actually reflecting the 'latest' data whereas the preview in the edit query pane is displaying older data (depending on when the last preview refresh was done). 

AbdulAzizAmod

Bump

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.