Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Card to have value if only one available

Hi,

I'm trying to do a report to have supplier name as header. The same report should serve with only one supplier selected from filter or several. Header is currently a card that shows first value of name column, but the problem is that if user selects multiple suppliers, then only the first is shown.

I would like that card to show blank (or maybe "Selected Suppliers") value if multiple values are selected. I already got made a measure to give Y or N depending if more than one is selected but that can't be used as visual filter as it is a measure (correct me if I'm wrong but that gave only frozen filter :)).

Card single value check = IF(CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(SUPPLIER_DATA_TABLE[SUPPLIER_NAME]);ALLSELECTED(SUPPLIER_DATA_TABLE[SUPPLIER_NAME))=1;"Y";"N")

One idea is to create blank row to SUPPLIER_DATA_TABLE and sort it by SUPPLIER_NAME, but does anyone have an idea how to get around this problem without changing the source? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Asac_14
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @Anonymous  try using the below measure 

Card Value = IF(HASONEFILTER(SUPPLIER_DATA_TABLE[SUPPLIER_NAME]),FIRSTNONBLANK(SUPPLIER_DATA_TABLE[SUPPLIER_NAME],SUPPLIER_DATA_TABLE[SUPPLIER_NAME]),"All Selected")

If it works pls mark this as solution and give a kudos 😉

Thanks,

KK

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you both @Asac_14  and @PaulDBrown for quick replies!

As I didn't find autofit text size option for cards I ended up using both of these in two non-background cards stacked. First one shows only if one supplier is selected with a bit modified @Asac_14  code in big font and second one uses both codes combined to show values if multiple vendors are selected with smaller font. Makes effect of scalability in a card. 🙂

PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous 

You can, if you so wish, display all individual supplier values selected using:

Suppliers selected = CONCATENATEX(VALUES(Slicer_table[column]), slicer_table [column], “, “)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

Asac_14
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @Anonymous  try using the below measure 

Card Value = IF(HASONEFILTER(SUPPLIER_DATA_TABLE[SUPPLIER_NAME]),FIRSTNONBLANK(SUPPLIER_DATA_TABLE[SUPPLIER_NAME],SUPPLIER_DATA_TABLE[SUPPLIER_NAME]),"All Selected")

If it works pls mark this as solution and give a kudos 😉

Thanks,

KK

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @Asac_14 . This solves my problem perfectly!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.