Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Card reflecting DAX Measure not responding to report slicer

Hi all!

I have the following:

Tables:

Table_StoreList

Table_CustList

Table_Feedback_Received

Table_Cust_with_Feedback - new table derived from DAX Measure: Table_Cust_with_Feedback = DISTINCT('Table_Feedback_Received'[CUSTID])

Relationships:

Table_Cust_with_Feedback[CustID] -> Table_CustList[CustID]

Table_Feedback_Received[CustID] -> Table_CustList[CustID]

Table_CustList[StoreID] -> Table_StoreList[StoreID]

Measures:

Table_Cust_with_Feedback[Cust_with_3_or_more_feedback] = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Table_Cust_with_Feedback'), FILTER( 'Table_Cust_with_Feedback', 'Table_Cust_with_Feedback'[Number_of_Feedback_Received]>=3))

Issue faced:

I have a slicer "StoreID" on the report page and a Card [Cust_with_3_or_more_feedback] that does not respond to changes in the slicer i.e. it shows the total number of customers with 3 or more feedback for all stores no matter what the selection in the slicer.

Can anyone point out my mistake?

Regards,

Yee Pin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried modifying the direction in the relationship and it does not seem to work for me.

I have realized that the slicer does not affect any of the card visuals from Table_Cust_with_Feedback so I have deleted the Table_Cust_with_Feedback and created the following within Table_CustList:

Calculated columns

Table_CustList[Number_of_Feedback_Received] = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('Table_Feedback_Received'[FeedbackID]), FILTER('Table_Feedback_Received', 'Table_Feedback_Received'[CustID] = 'Table_CustList'[CustID]))

Measure

Cust_with_3_or_more_feedback = CALCULATE(COUNT('Table_CustList'[CustID]), FILTER('Table_CustList', 'Table_CustList'[Number of Feedback_Received]>=3))

Card visual "Cust_with_3_or_more_feedback" now responds accordingly to the slicer "StoreID" selections. It works now.

Thanks to all for taking the time to analyze this problem and for replying!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous May i know from which table you have created the slicer Table_CustList[StoreID] or Table_StoreList[StoreID] ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous The slicer StoreID was from Table_StoreList[StoreID]. It is working for the other card visuals in the same report page. Any idea?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Can you change the direction in the Relationship like Table_StoreList[StoreID]-> Table_CustList[StoreID]  

or change it to 'Both Direction' and try !

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried modifying the direction in the relationship and it does not seem to work for me.

I have realized that the slicer does not affect any of the card visuals from Table_Cust_with_Feedback so I have deleted the Table_Cust_with_Feedback and created the following within Table_CustList:

Calculated columns

Table_CustList[Number_of_Feedback_Received] = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('Table_Feedback_Received'[FeedbackID]), FILTER('Table_Feedback_Received', 'Table_Feedback_Received'[CustID] = 'Table_CustList'[CustID]))

Measure

Cust_with_3_or_more_feedback = CALCULATE(COUNT('Table_CustList'[CustID]), FILTER('Table_CustList', 'Table_CustList'[Number of Feedback_Received]>=3))

Card visual "Cust_with_3_or_more_feedback" now responds accordingly to the slicer "StoreID" selections. It works now.

Thanks to all for taking the time to analyze this problem and for replying!

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

Generally, you may modify the measure using dax below:

Table_Cust_with_Feedback[Cust_with_3_or_more_feedback] =
CALCULATE (
    COUNTROWS ( 'Table_Cust_with_Feedback' ),
    FILTER (
        'Table_Cust_with_Feedback',
        'Table_Cust_with_Feedback'[Number_of_Feedback_Received] >= 3
    ),
    ALLSELECTED ( Table_StoreList )
)

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yuta-msft 

Hi Jimmy!

Thanks for your reply!

I have tried the modification suggested but it did not work for me. Is there any other modification that I can try?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.