Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SPaine86
Helper I
Helper I

Card not filtering in tooltip

Hi all,

I have a three related tables: School, Pupils, and Results:

School > Pupil (One to Many) - linked by School code

Pupil > Results (One to Many) - Linked by Pupil ID

I have a simple scatter plot of pupil results filtered by subject. I made a custom tooltip which contained measures relating to the result (which work fine) and a card visual which contains the 'first' Pupil Name from the related Pupils table. This worked fine until yesterday... now the pupil name doesn't change when different results are selected in the scatter plot (the result measures still work correctly). 

'Keep all filters' is still set to "On". I have a very similar setup in another workbook and it functions correctly. I tried creating a new tooltip but it still behaves incorrectly.

The only change I have made recently is changing the spelling of a column in the Pupil table of power query - I updated/replaced a filter visual on the page to reflect the new column. Would that have broken it? This column was not in the tooltip, the scatter plot or any of the measures used in the tooltip or scatter plot.

Thank you in anticipation!

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi there,

I have experimented with changing the visual slightly.

Instead of doing a count of the pupil's ID number from the 'Results' table, I switched this to a count of the pupil's ID from the 'Pupil details' table (i.e. the related field).

The visual now behaves as expected!

I'm not sure why this makes a difference, but so long as it works then I am happy!

Thanks

Steve

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @SPaine86 

"The only change you have made recently is changing the spelling of a column in the Pupil table of power query".

So would it still work if you changed the spelling of a column back?

In theory, changing non-relevant fields is unlikely to cause this problem.

Maybe  you can take a try  to clear datasource permission(if you have) ,   refresh the datasource , and then create  measure ,visual and tooltip again.

Annotation 2020-01-23 161320.png

Annotation 2020-01-23 160034.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi there,

I have experimented with changing the visual slightly.

Instead of doing a count of the pupil's ID number from the 'Results' table, I switched this to a count of the pupil's ID from the 'Pupil details' table (i.e. the related field).

The visual now behaves as expected!

I'm not sure why this makes a difference, but so long as it works then I am happy!

Thanks

Steve

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.