Did you mean: 
SPaine86
Regular Visitor

Card not filtering in tooltip

Hi all,

I have a three related tables: School, Pupils, and Results:

School > Pupil (One to Many) - linked by School code

Pupil > Results (One to Many) - Linked by Pupil ID

I have a simple scatter plot of pupil results filtered by subject. I made a custom tooltip which contained measures relating to the result (which work fine) and a card visual which contains the 'first' Pupil Name from the related Pupils table. This worked fine until yesterday... now the pupil name doesn't change when different results are selected in the scatter plot (the result measures still work correctly). 

'Keep all filters' is still set to "On". I have a very similar setup in another workbook and it functions correctly. I tried creating a new tooltip but it still behaves incorrectly.

The only change I have made recently is changing the spelling of a column in the Pupil table of power query - I updated/replaced a filter visual on the page to reflect the new column. Would that have broken it? This column was not in the tooltip, the scatter plot or any of the measures used in the tooltip or scatter plot.

Thank you in anticipation!

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
SPaine86
Regular Visitor

Re: Card not filtering in tooltip

Hi there,

I have experimented with changing the visual slightly.

Instead of doing a count of the pupil's ID number from the 'Results' table, I switched this to a count of the pupil's ID from the 'Pupil details' table (i.e. the related field).

The visual now behaves as expected!

I'm not sure why this makes a difference, but so long as it works then I am happy!

Thanks

Steve

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Microsoft v-easonf-msft
Microsoft

Hi, @SPaine86 

"The only change you have made recently is changing the spelling of a column in the Pupil table of power query".

So would it still work if you changed the spelling of a column back?

In theory, changing non-relevant fields is unlikely to cause this problem.

Maybe  you can take a try  to clear datasource permission(if you have) ,   refresh the datasource , and then create  measure ,visual and tooltip again.

Annotation 2020-01-23 161320.png

Annotation 2020-01-23 160034.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
SPaine86
Regular Visitor

Hi there,

I have experimented with changing the visual slightly.

Instead of doing a count of the pupil's ID number from the 'Results' table, I switched this to a count of the pupil's ID from the 'Pupil details' table (i.e. the related field).

The visual now behaves as expected!

I'm not sure why this makes a difference, but so long as it works then I am happy!

Thanks

Steve

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series.

Join THE global Power Platform event series.

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors