Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Tschulianoo

Card based on Selectedvalue - measure shows data

Hello there, 

I am reaching out to you, as I have the following issue. 

I prepared a dashboard, based on a Power BI dataset, which has an underlying excel sheet saved on sharepoint online.

On one page, I use the data from a table, which has currently only one row of entries (i.e. only one country and the respective details), however this table will expand over time. I use a map, as well as a table for people to select a country and the cards should then show the different characteristics of the country in different cards. If no country is selected the cards should show "-".

For this, I use the Selectedvalue measure, such as:

SELECTEDVALUE('Projects'[Next Action], " - ")

However, currently it shows already all entries in the cards, without the country being selected on the map or in the table. 

Furthermore, I have added an additional country for testing purposes, to see whether this issue is caused by having only one data row. However, if the two countries have the same caracteristics (i.e. Next Action = Shipping products) this card is already "pre filled" without any of the countries being selected. 

I thought the reason for this being that there is already only one row with data and is therefore automatically selected, however in a previous version, I have based the dashboard on a excel sheet saved on my desktop and I did not have this issue, even the table had only one "filled" entry. 

Is there a way/another measure, etc to work around it and get this issue fixed?

I really appreciate your help and inputs. 

Kind regards, 

Julian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Tschulianoo , Based on what I got on this one. In power bi, not selected and all selected are same for a slicer. Use is filtered

if(isfiltered('Projects'[Next Action]) ,SELECTEDVALUE('Projects'[Next Action], " - "),"-")

refer:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXg3kRFSGjA

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Tschulianoo

@amitchandak 

Thanks a lot, this helps me a lot!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Tschulianoo , Based on what I got on this one. In power bi, not selected and all selected are same for a slicer. Use is filtered

if(isfiltered('Projects'[Next Action]) ,SELECTEDVALUE('Projects'[Next Action], " - "),"-")

refer:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXg3kRFSGjA

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.