Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

iarerichard
Frequent Visitor

Card Visuals with DAX not Showing Correct Data

Hello all,

I'm hoping for some help. I have the following DAX in a card visual - 

Total Requested = IF(
ISBLANK(COUNT('Volume Report 2021'[TaskingCode])),0,
COUNT('Volume Report 2021'[TaskingCode]))

And I have slicer linked to it which I have as "week commencing" to show me info for the total requested for the week selected. I have various other cards also layed out in the same format for different tasking codes. Here is my problem - 

The slicer adjusted the data fine but certain weeks are not the correct numbers when verified. For example, week commencing 4th Jan and then week commencing 11th Jan all show the correct numbers but for some reason, w/c 18th and w/c 25th show numbers which are not the correct totals for those weeks. So I have some weeks that are showing the right totals but other weeks which are not showing the correct totals.

Is there something I need to add to the DAX in the cards? I don't understand why it shows me the right totals for some weeks but not others.

Any help welcome and I hope I've given enough info.

Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
iarerichard
Frequent Visitor

Hello all,

Just wanted to say that I solved the problem and for anything reading, I'd like to suggest the following, in order, whenever you come across an issue - 

1) - Check the data uploaded is correct and the most up to date (this was my issue).
2) - Then check the relationships.
3) - Then check your DAX for further problems.

Thanks for everyones replies.

V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@iarerichard 

There is no week or date column, please add more details. We Also provide the expected output based the above sample data. 

Read this post to describe your problem:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team

iarerichard
Frequent Visitor

@amitchandak Thanks for your reply.
And a very brief sample data below - 

DirectionTaskingCode
OutboundSSM
OutboundSSM
ReturnMFM
OutboundUFM
OutboundACM6
ReturnACM24

I hope some of this helps, if there is anything else let me know, I feel already I'm being quite vague due to the sensitivity.

Thanks.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@iarerichard ,Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.