Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

invtgillen
Frequent Visitor

Card Visual

Good Afternoon -

Does anyone know if it is possible to use the card visual to display text?

I assume not, but trying to find the best visual to use when a user selects a certain item on a chart that it displays the date the project will take place. Everytime I put it into these visuals it tries to take the count of the dates versus just displaying the items date itself.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Vvelarde
Community Champion
Community Champion

@invtgillen

Is possible using a measure:

ProjectDate= if(hasonevalue(table[item]),Values ('Table'[DateProject]))

Lima - Peru

Hi @Vvelarde -

Thanks for the suggestion.

I will try that, do you know whether it is possible to add a measure from the webapp? I am having to use the webapp since the custom visuals are not importing into Power BI desktop right now due to the proxy bug.

Thank you,

Tyler

@invtgillen

In Card Visual, we can only accept numeric field. If we put a text field, it will display count of values. For your requirement, if you want to show a Date field, I suggest you add a table with only date field populated. It will be interactive with users selection. If you just want to display static text, you can use Text Box.

Currently, the Power BI REST API only support creating objects like dataset, table, rows, etc. You can't create measures via your web app.

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.