Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Card Visual

I want to use the Card visual to show the total hours worked for support calls for when a category is selected e.g., Software, Hardware, etc..   Each request has an ID assigned, however, there may be multiple entries for the same request.    Example, Request ID#353 has 12 hours recorded on 10/1/2021 and another entry on 10/15/2021 for 2 hours.    Total hours worked for Request ID#353 is 14 Hours.  How can I use the Card visual to show total hours?   Or is there another visual I should use? 

9 REPLIES 9
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Is there any relationship between the 2 tables?

If it has one to many relationship, then you can set the summarization of field [hours] to Sum, then put the field [hours] into Card visual.

vxiaotang_0-1634609976574.png

If there's no relationship, you can create this calculated measure and put it in Card,

Total Hours = 
CALCULATE(SUM('support calls'[hours]),FILTER('support calls','support calls'[category ]=SELECTEDVALUE(Category[category ])))

vxiaotang_1-1634617427015.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's another way I'd like to present this problem.    I have one table that I want to display the # of hours and minutes worked.   When selecting each of the subcategories, I do see the sum of hours worked (top box), however, if I want to display the time as "hours" and "minutes", I don't get the same results (bottom box).Screenshot 2021-10-19 170500.png

Hi @Anonymous 

Thanks for your reply.

I didn't reproduce the problem, could you provide a sample file for us to test?

vxiaotang_1-1634699112062.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here are my latest findings.   I've tried multiple attempts and can not get the desired outcome.   First, the Card does not dynamically change when selections are made on the table.   Second, time over 24 does not represent well with my example.   Below I have an example of the excel sheet showing events over 24 hours.  Next to that is how PowerBI displays the information both in the Table and Card when I use "Time Worked".

Screenshot 2021-10-22 121829.png

@Anonymous - it looks like you're creating a calculated column, you may need to create this as a measure if you want it to be responsive to other interactions. Have a look at the links I posted above and try creating it as a new measure. 

Have I solved your problem?
Please click Accept as Solution so I don't keep coming back to this post, oh yeah, others may find it useful also ;).
chrome-9xf-Zagzel-B

If you found this post helpful, please give Kudos.
It gives me a sense of instant gratification and, if you give me Kudos enough times, magical unicorns will appear on your screen.
If you find my signature vaguely amusing, please give Kudos.
KIfp67uy-Sr
Proud to be a Super User!PBI-Super-User-Rank-30x30-1x

Lots of different ways to approach this.

This video shows one that you should be able to adapt to your needs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1hGU93UE1c&ab_channel=NestorAdrianzen

EDIT: another good option, https://radacad.com/calculate-duration-in-days-hours-minutes-and-seconds-dynamically-in-power-bi-usi... 

Please click Accept as Solution so I don't keep coming back to this post, oh yeah, others may find it useful also ;).
chrome-9xf-Zagzel-B

It gives me a sense of instant gratification and, if you give me Kudos enough times, magical unicorns will appear on your screen.
KIfp67uy-Sr
Anonymous
Not applicable

I followed the YouTube example, and feel this is a good solution.   However, I have one error that I can't seem to resolve.   Everything looks accurate.  Any suggestions?Screenshot 2021-10-20 160419.png

In your return statement, I think you need to put a 'FORMAT' around the DaysInt. It will be trying to concatenate number with text. 

chrome-9xf-Zagzel-B

KIfp67uy-Sr
KNP
Super User
Super User

As long as your model has appropriate relationships defined you can just drag the 'Total Hours' column to the card.

Sample PBIX attached.

g4lt9slFOw.gif

chrome-9xf-Zagzel-B

KIfp67uy-Sr

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.