Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ElliotP
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Card Visual working locally but not on Service when using Today()

Evening,

I have a bit of an unusual issue I've never encountered before. On one of my pages I'm using a card visual to show a value which is filtered to only show the value corresponding to Today().

Locally the value shows up. It consistently appears when refreshed locally as expected without trouble.

When I publish the report the values don't appear, when I update the report, the values don't seem to appear.

The locale of the pbix is set to English(United States) and I'm a little bit out of ideas why this isn't working.The issue occurs on the three card visuals on the Stock Management Daily Page.

I've attached the pbix below. To refresh the pbix you'll need some SQL credentials from me.

Shared Pbix One Drive Link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!At8Q-ZbRnAj8iA3c3-zcYXAj3jvd

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ElliotP,

I published the .pbix file you shared with us, the card visuals all displayed values correctly, acted the same as in desktop locally.

Have you tried to republish the report for a test? Also, please try to directly uploading .pbix file on service site (Get data->Files->Local file) rather than clicking publish button. Remove the card visuals and recreate them, will issue persist?

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I'll the the "Get Data" suggestion, I'm not sure what's going on. I'm having a similar issue across a few visuals. I'll let you know.

Sorry for the late response.

Hi @ElliotP,

Does this issue still exist?

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.