I consider myself to be pretty experienced with PBI Desktop. I built a report a few weeks ago in Desktop and created a link to share with others. I have been using this report without issue until now. Smartsheet is the only data source. I have a multi-row card visual that is displaying items marked as high priority in smartsheet. Everything shows up perfectly in Desktop but when I publish and open the report in the service or use the shared link, the card visual is blank. I can see the title of the card and all of the background/border/formatting is still shown, but the 5 priority items that show up in Desktop are not listed. Everything else in the report is identical to how it looks in Desktop, but the Card visual is missing data.
I haven't changed any settings from when it was working correctly. Is there a reason why the card would show data in desktop but not when published online?
I am unable to reproduce this issue using my sample data. What version of Power BI Desktop do you use? And what border/backgroud formatting do you apply in the card visual? Is there any possibility that you share PBIX file to me via Private Message? I will test it in my environment.
Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
I am using the latest version downloaded March 2018. It did the same thing with a card visual and a table. In order to get it to work, I created a new column in smartsheet that marks anything as "yes" if it is flagged as a priority in smartsheet. So then I used this new column in a table to bring in anything marked as "yes" and that works.
The card worked before and then all of the sudden it stopped showing up even though I didn't change anything. The table didn't work either, even though everything looks fine in the report.