Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Card Text Now Only Center Aligned within the box?

I just downloaded the July version of Power BI Desktop. It appears as though that text dynamically generated via DAX in a measure in a Card visualization can only be centered aligned within the visualization "box" area? I'm sure I've left-aligned text in a measure before, but am coming up blank for where / how to do this again. Surely it's possible. 

Note #1: I'm not referring to using the Align icon within the Format ribbon used to align the entire visual, just the text "inside.

Note #2: I'm also not referring to aligning the Title of the measure itself, just the dynamically generated text.

I'd appreciate any thoughts and guidance. 

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

There is no option that could be used to set the text alignment for data in Card visual. An idea of this issue has been submitted in this link, you can vote it up.

Additionally, you can create a Multi-row card instead, text is left-aligned in the visual.
1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

When using the Card Visual as a changing headline or only showing first value, you can now use the Smart text/Smart narrative box to get the same effect but with text align options. 

By only having a Value in the box you can left align the text/value. 

SakshiKukreja
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi!

If you're still looking for an answer - You can use a blank button to achieve text alignment!

Steps -

1. Insert a Blank Button into the Dashboard and Go to Format Button

Under Text->Click on FX to pass the column that button will take value from :

SakshiKukreja_0-1654630001483.png

Select the Column from the Table:

SakshiKukreja_1-1654630001482.png

Switch the "Outline" Toggle off and Align the Text in the button as required.

SakshiKukreja_2-1654630001483.png

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Sakshi Kukreja

as @SakshiKukreja mentioned you can use Buttons or you can also use Shapes and change the default fill color blue into white, off borders, You have the Alignment option there! But one thing to remember either button or shape the text only accept Field value!!!

Rygaard
Resolver I
Resolver I

as of 2021 you still can not align the text in the cards 

The problem with multirow cards is that you do not have controll over when it switch to show in one or two colums I WANT it only in one colum but as soon as i make it as wide as i want it... it starts to show in 2 Colums.

I have a Woring solution

1) make a text box (make background 100% transparent)

2) make a headline based on a formula (enter measure here)

3) left align the title of the text box !

Rygaard_0-1637765984466.png

Rishabh-Maini
Helper II
Helper II

@Anonymous 

Came across this article, and I think this is the best workaround for the alignment in a single value card. 
https://www.havensconsulting.net/blog-and-media/how-to-apply-font-alignment-to-single-value-cards

JA9
Regular Visitor

To give the appearance of left-aligned text, I have added a load of spaces to the end of my dynamic text.  It is not a neat solution but at least it is simple.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can use "Text Wrapper" from Market Place.

Etoo
Regular Visitor

It is frustrating. But you can download Advance Card addin app. https://store.office.com/addinsinstallpage.aspx?rs=en-US&assetid=WA104381651 

@Anonymous wrote:

I just downloaded the July version of Power BI Desktop. It appears as though that text dynamically generated via DAX in a measure in a Card visualization can only be centered aligned within the visualization "box" area? I'm sure I've left-aligned text in a measure before, but am coming up blank for where / how to do this again. Surely it's possible. 

Note #1: I'm not referring to using the Align icon within the Format ribbon used to align the entire visual, just the text "inside.

Note #2: I'm also not referring to aligning the Title of the measure itself, just the dynamically generated text.

I'd appreciate any thoughts and guidance. 

Thanks.

DataMountain
Advocate I
Advocate I

As of November 2018 update, Having a single value in a multi row card causes default color customization within the "Data Label" well.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

There is no option that could be used to set the text alignment for data in Card visual. An idea of this issue has been submitted in this link, you can vote it up.

Additionally, you can create a Multi-row card instead, text is left-aligned in the visual.
1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

thanks @v-yuezhe-msft , I think this is a simple way, but really the exact way to solve my issue. Thanks

Thanks this was a big help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The issue with this solution Lydia, is the "multirow" card won't change the format of a "data label" unless there at least 2 values there. 

In trying to put 2 measures in (I have 5 text measures for my report in a list I want to use):

These two values, don't load in as "rows" but as "columns"  so the "multirow" is more "multi column" 

Short of an addon (which I won't get through infosec) or running the query in SQL to get it loaded into one table first (which is a bit more overengineering that I feel should be necessary), I am not sure what I could do 

Multi-row card. Perfect. Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yuezhe-msft,

Thanks. Voted up.

Jonathan 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.