cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jschlereth Member

Card Text Now Only Center Aligned within the box?

I just downloaded the July version of Power BI Desktop. It appears as though that text dynamically generated via DAX in a measure in a Card visualization can only be centered aligned within the visualization "box" area? I'm sure I've left-aligned text in a measure before, but am coming up blank for where / how to do this again. Surely it's possible. 

Note #1: I'm not referring to using the Align icon within the Format ribbon used to align the entire visual, just the text "inside.

Note #2: I'm also not referring to aligning the Title of the measure itself, just the dynamically generated text.

I'd appreciate any thoughts and guidance. 

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

Re: Card Text Now Only Center Aligned within the box?

@jschlereth,

There is no option that could be used to set the text alignment for data in Card visual. An idea of this issue has been submitted in this link, you can vote it up.

Additionally, you can create a Multi-row card instead, text is left-aligned in the visual.
1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

@jschlereth,

There is no option that could be used to set the text alignment for data in Card visual. An idea of this issue has been submitted in this link, you can vote it up.

Additionally, you can create a Multi-row card instead, text is left-aligned in the visual.
1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

jschlereth Member

@v-yuezhe-msft,

Thanks. Voted up.

Jonathan 

SA_NYC Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Multi-row card. Perfect. Thank you!

DataMountain Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

As of November 2018 update, Having a single value in a multi row card causes default color customization within the "Data Label" well.

Davidian New Member

The issue with this solution Lydia, is the "multirow" card won't change the format of a "data label" unless there at least 2 values there. 

In trying to put 2 measures in (I have 5 text measures for my report in a list I want to use):

These two values, don't load in as "rows" but as "columns"  so the "multirow" is more "multi column" 

Short of an addon (which I won't get through infosec) or running the query in SQL to get it loaded into one table first (which is a bit more overengineering that I feel should be necessary), I am not sure what I could do 

Wien Visitor
Visitor

Thanks this was a big help.

Etoo Visitor
Visitor

It is frustrating. But you can download Advance Card addin app. https://store.office.com/addinsinstallpage.aspx?rs=en-US&assetid=WA104381651 

@jschlereth wrote:

I just downloaded the July version of Power BI Desktop. It appears as though that text dynamically generated via DAX in a measure in a Card visualization can only be centered aligned within the visualization "box" area? I'm sure I've left-aligned text in a measure before, but am coming up blank for where / how to do this again. Surely it's possible. 

Note #1: I'm not referring to using the Align icon within the Format ribbon used to align the entire visual, just the text "inside.

Note #2: I'm also not referring to aligning the Title of the measure itself, just the dynamically generated text.

I'd appreciate any thoughts and guidance. 

Thanks.

JA9 Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

To give the appearance of left-aligned text, I have added a load of spaces to the end of my dynamic text.  It is not a neat solution but at least it is simple.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Learn the answers to some of the questions asked during the Amanda Triple A event.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Users Online
Currently online: 371 members 3,685 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: