Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Card Count not providing the correct count

I'm new to Power Bi, and I'm trying to create reports for my managers that are easily readable for tracking the amount of work open and processed.  When I use a card to get a count, I'm getting numbers that are several counts below what it should be.  We have 93 orders, but the count shows 85 or 86.  Checking and filtering the query shows the 93.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymouscolumn you counting is ECN Ref (based on card visual), does it have blank? Can you create measure like below and use that measure on the card.

Cnt = COUNTROWS( Table )

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've looked through topics and can't find this exact issue and or how to fix it.  I'm using Windows 10 with Office 365 and Power Bi.  To provide more information, I'm generating a report and trying to create a card and I know that there is 93 rows of data for the specific I'm looking for, but the card I choose only shows a count of either 85 or 86.  

Below is a screenshot showing the filtered data that shows 93 rows and below that is the card showing 86.  Is anyone able to help?

data.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Are you using count or distinctcount?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've tried it with both.  

Are you using a measure or counting a field in you dataset?

@Anonymouscolumn you counting is ECN Ref (based on card visual), does it have blank? Can you create measure like below and use that measure on the card.

Cnt = COUNTROWS( Table )

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm counting a field in my dataset.  

I found a way to make it work, but it's a work-around not a solution, I created a new column in my dataset, using only the year, and then counted that and received the correct number. 

@Mezmarianne wrote:

Are you using a measure or counting a field in you dataset?

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous read this post to get your answer quickly

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.