Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Joshwaaa
Frequent Visitor

Card Conditional Formatting Measure Percentage

Hi all

Not sure if I am missing something, but I can not for the life of me apply conditional formatting to a measure I have displayed on a card... I have the below measure 

KPI 1 Met % = FORMAT(DIVIDE(SUM('KPI 1 - Vacancy Distribution'[KPI Met?]),COUNT('KPI 1 - Vacancy Distribution'[KPI Met?])),"0.00%")

In my data I have a 1 if KPI met, 0 if KPI failed. So the sum divided by the count gives me percentage of KPI passed, and then formats it as a percentage, works great  when displaying as a card

PBI SS.JPG

What I want to do is change the background depending on the percentage value on the card, but when I go to apply conditonal formatting, I am not able to select the measure, but I am able to select any other field from the current table

Is there any way I can apply condtional formatting to the background of this card, or am I missing something blindingly obvious? 

Thank you

Josh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

First, create a measure that returns color based in %

Measure = if([KPI %]<50,"red","green")

In card Go to the background color and hover, you will see three dots, click and choose conditional formatting.

Then choose field in the selection and this measure

Appreciate your Kudos. In case, this is the solution you are looking for, mark it as the Solution. In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @
Thanks. My Recent Blog -
Winner-Topper-on-Map-How-to-Color-States-on-a-Map-with-Winners , HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-trend
Power-BI-Working-with-Non-Standard-Time-Periods And Comparing-Data-Across-Date-Ranges

Connect on Linkedin

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

First, create a measure that returns color based in %

Measure = if([KPI %]<50,"red","green")

In card Go to the background color and hover, you will see three dots, click and choose conditional formatting.

Then choose field in the selection and this measure

Appreciate your Kudos. In case, this is the solution you are looking for, mark it as the Solution. In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @
Thanks. My Recent Blog -
Winner-Topper-on-Map-How-to-Color-States-on-a-Map-with-Winners , HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-trend
Power-BI-Working-with-Non-Standard-Time-Periods And Comparing-Data-Across-Date-Ranges

Connect on Linkedin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear amitchandak,

I am quite newbie, I am starting Power BI since 7 days ago and I am using Power BI Desktop, September 2022 update. 

Suppose if I want to apply conditional formatting in a card, how to do that? if the % of "Open" issues >=25% then font color will be in red, else font color is green.

I have a mesure to find the percentage of "Open" issues, as below: the current number is 47%

Open percent = 
    FORMAT(DIVIDE([Count Open item],[Count total item]),"0%")

And I have another measure as your suggestion above, for conditional coloring background.

Condition format open = 
    IF([Open percent]>=25,"red","green")

What the next step should I do?

Thank you very much.
Prima Indonesia

Thank you for the prompt reply! I have done exactly as you said, but when I go to put the new measure in the conditonal format it won't let me select it. So I attempted to add the measure to the card just to test what it returns and get the below error

PBI SS 2.JPG

Thank you 🙂 

In your measure calc, you seem to have appended % for formatting. Have one measure without that and use of use the text

like >"90%"

You are a saint!

Thank you very much

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.