Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

schoden
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Capture/store the historic timeline data

Hi Community, 

Is there a way I can capture and show historic data in some point of time. 

My data refreshes daily and projects only the latest data.

For instance: 

A ticket is created on 15 Feb 2021, on 18 Feb 2021 it is pending and on 20 Feb 2021 its is closed.

However the data now shows as closed on 20 Feb 2021. I want to see the status from creation till closed.

Ticket Date Status 
A15 Feb 2021Closed 
B3 March 2020Closed 

Would really help me as I have been trying since last one week 😞 

Thank you in advance 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@schoden , Try that Dax append way first, Then you need to check max status before that date.

calculate(lastnonblankvalue(Table[Date], Max(Table[Status])), filter(all(Table), Table[ticket] = max(Table[tickte]) && Table[Date] <= max(Table[Date]) ))

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schoden
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Hi All , 

I am grarteful for replies/solution given. However one solution worked for me or atleast got me to the closest goal  is Incremental refresh using PowerBI pro and Dataflows - Exceed blog by 

Krešimir Ledinski . You can find the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAzSZbrICxE 

Thought I will share in the forum  😃

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@schoden

It's pleasant if your problem has been solved, could you please mark the reply as Answered? that way, other community members will easily find the solution when they get the same issue.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,
Caitlyn Yan

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@schoden , I do not see any data for creation.

1. Data is getting overwritten and you do not have that. Refer DAX append to snapshot the data first

2. You have not shown an example of data showing an open line. PLease share data in that case

Check DAX append

https://blog.crossjoin.co.uk/2020/04/13/keep-the-existing-data-in-your-power-bi-dataset-and-add-new-...
https://www.thebiccountant.com/2017/01/11/incremental-load-in-powerbi-using-dax-union/

Yes the data gets overwritten in the status field. 

Status have value (bascially all those values projects at a point of time ) 

1. Created 

2. Pending 

3.Closed 

4. Rejected 

@schoden , Try that Dax append way first, Then you need to check max status before that date.

calculate(lastnonblankvalue(Table[Date], Max(Table[Status])), filter(all(Table), Table[ticket] = max(Table[tickte]) && Table[Date] <= max(Table[Date]) ))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.