Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Capture Slicer Values of What-if Parameters Based on Slicers on Fields in Another Table

I am working with inventory data.

Imagine you have :

• 3 products: P1, P2 and P3.
  • 2 sales locations: L1 and L2
  • 2 What-if Paramaters for a user to enter:  (a) the minimum quantity needed, Q and (2) the time taken to get the product, t

Also imagine I have 4 slicers at the top of my report:

1. At the top of my report, the user enters values for the 2 What-if Parameters in 2 of the slicers
  2. The other 2 slicers are used to select to select P2 as the product and to select L1 as the sales locations.

How can I capture the information here as:

L1 | P2 | Q | t?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous,

You don't need to create a new table you can use the measures to create the table visual or use it in other measures for the IF statement.

Can you share some more insights on what you want to achieve?

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

When you create a what-if table it automatically creates a parameter measure something similar to what is below:

Parameter Value = SELECTEDVALUE('Parameter'[Parameter])

Using this type of syntax allows you to capture the value of each of the values you need, just need to replicate this for each of the 4 slicers you have.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @MFelix . I can see how this works for each field but I want to make a table with 1 row....just to represent the unique combination of values that the user has selected in the report.

The table will have 4 columns and 1 row - giving the unique state of the user's selections for Location | Item | Quantity | Time. I need this resulting table to join onto another table to perform some IF / THEN statments to calculate a field.

Hi @Anonymous,

You don't need to create a new table you can use the measures to create the table visual or use it in other measures for the IF statement.

Can you share some more insights on what you want to achieve?

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @MFelix ,

Thanks - i made sure the field I was creating is a measure and that it only looks at measures and not calculations as well.

Thank you for your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.