Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Capture Refresh Data

We want to generate a report that looks at multiple datasets and tells us the last refresh of each one.  We have looked at the API linked here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/datasets/getrefreshhistory but when we try to make the call, using the dataset ID, we run into a token requirement.  We see how to capture the token but are unsure how to tell Power BI to use that token.  Has anyone done anything like this an can offer advice?

3 REPLIES 3
piyushszope
Helper I
Helper I

To get the refresh data you can try these steps

image.png

Enter the Dataset id the highlighted area and run the command. 

Insert the dataset id and RUN the commandInsert the dataset id and RUN the command

After this process, you will get a response in the JSON format. If you have any mistake you will get the 404 error in response. 

If you are ok with the response then you can copy the URL and the Authorization and use it in the Power BI as shown below. 

image.png

Click OK and now you can do the transformations in the Power Query. 

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark my post as a solution.

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@piyushszope  - The token expires every hour.  How do we automatically get new ones?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Perfect!  Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.