Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SINGHTX9
Helper II
Helper II

Capacity chart analysis

Hi 

I want to run capacity chart analysis for my machine. So i have two machines

Instrument A: Runs "CC" test type and has throughput of 1000 tests/hour and

Instrument B: Runs "IA" test type and has throughput of 200 tests/hour

So i have a column in my data that is receive hour which basically tell me the number of tests received in the lab on an hourly basis.

I want to make a capacity chart where user will have the ability to pick the number of instruments and i want that when the user pick "CC" test type automatically it should select Instrument A and take throughput as 1000 tests/hour and likewise for "IA" select Instrument B and take throughput 200 tests/hour 

So i have managed to do it but by creating multiple measures separate for IA and separate for CC

IA calculated throughput = 200*PRODUCT('Number of Instrument Selected'[Number of Instruments Selected])

Capacity utilized = DIVIDE([Total Tests],[IA calculated throughput],0)

Can i do this in a combined way?

Link to the file:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlMqyIwZH-2Xa09KFmTpnfsggNs

Also i want to do scenario analysis i,e if my incoming test volume increases by 5%,10%,15% etc how would my capacity chart change?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Arentir
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @SINGHTX9,

See my solution attached, page 3

https://1drv.ms/u/s!As5oZCclkGkWgSUKbcIgvNE_f5Qd

I have created a new column [Type] in 'Selected Throughput' and created a relationship with [Test Type] in 'Actual Data' (I have noticed one row says 1200 instead of 1000 as in your post, beware of that)

I have created a what if parameter like this

Whatif.gif

The new measure is as follow:

Capacity Utilized v2 =

SUM('Actual data'[Number of Tests]) / ( SUM('Selected Throughput'[Selected Throughput]) * SELECTEDVALUE('Number of Instrument Selected'[Number of Instruments Selected]) * (1 + Parameter[Parameter Value]) )

No need for separated measures for IA/CC and you have a parameter to increase the throughput.

Hopes this helps

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Arentir
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @SINGHTX9,

See my solution attached, page 3

https://1drv.ms/u/s!As5oZCclkGkWgSUKbcIgvNE_f5Qd

I have created a new column [Type] in 'Selected Throughput' and created a relationship with [Test Type] in 'Actual Data' (I have noticed one row says 1200 instead of 1000 as in your post, beware of that)

I have created a what if parameter like this

Whatif.gif

The new measure is as follow:

Capacity Utilized v2 =

SUM('Actual data'[Number of Tests]) / ( SUM('Selected Throughput'[Selected Throughput]) * SELECTEDVALUE('Number of Instrument Selected'[Number of Instruments Selected]) * (1 + Parameter[Parameter Value]) )

No need for separated measures for IA/CC and you have a parameter to increase the throughput.

Hopes this helps

Thanks a lot for your help @Arentir. This was exactly what i was looking for

Can i ask you for another favor? In my file there is another pie chart (Attach pic below), I want to filter it also by priority but since the table for which i created this pie chart is a calculated table based on the actual data i m not able to create a realtionship between 

the calculated table and my actual data table.

(In this particular data set the accession id has both Routine and STAT but ideally each accession id should either be routine or STAT).

Also when you made this video to show me how you generated the what-if parameter, did you use any special software to do it? I m actually looking to create a animated video for work purposes so was just curious.

pie chart.png

Hey @SINGHTX9

Software is ScreenToGif, pretty handy for presentation indeed 🙂

I will try to have a look at your question later. Some thoughts for now:

You can have the priority added to your Final Table and Specimen distribution. Also better have a dimension table for Priority that would relate to all of the tables having priority field.

Perfect!! Whenever you get the time

You are suggesting to create a new table with only priority field in it and then connect it to my specimen distribution table?

I was trying to create another table to calculate the  Turnaround Time. I want to know what % samples are processed within 1 hour and what % 2 hour etc, to achieve this would i have to create another table with TAT 1hr, 2hr etc and then how to write a DAX measure: SUM(COUNT OF ACCESSION) if TAT is <= value selected TAT time.

Also any ideas on how i can build the statistics utilization map as shown in the picture below.

Also are there some good tutorias where i can learn ideas how to make my dahboard look good in terms of presentation. (i didnt find any good video on enterprise DNA and youtube). Apologies if i m bothering you with too many questions, i m still new to power bi and have been the task by my manager to develop this dashboard for the team.

TAT analytics.png

Hi @SINGHTX9

I did what I had in mind earlier. I have added Priority column to Final Table and Specimen Distribution (See dax table formula this is just slightly different).

https://1drv.ms/u/s!As5oZCclkGkWgSdnqZgrEbLo4hod

I have created a Priority Table and created a relationship to actual data, final table, specimen distribution. I find this cleaner so you just this Priority of this new table as a slicer and it will affect any of the table.

You lost me with the TaT measure. I recommend that you open a new topic and try to simplify the model so you get more ideas from the community!

For ressources not sure how much I can advertise on the forum so will send you a PM with some of my favs

Arentir

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.