Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
BIDrone Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Cant get Previous months Data

Hi,

I have a table that has all the month end dates in and products along with there value for that month.

This table is linked to a calendar table (which is a date table). Many to one (both)

In the report I use the month and year from the calendar table to filter the data, this works fine for the month/year (one slicer is year and teh other is month) selected but when I try and show the previous months data alongside I just get blanks.

The data table (GetMRRdata_overall) structure is 

MonthEnd this is linked to date in Calendar

Product

Value

The calc I have tried is 

CALCULATE(SUM(GetMRRdata_overall[MRR]),FILTER(ALL(GetMRRdata_overall),GetMRRdata_overall[MonthEnd] = PREVIOUSMONTH('Calendar'[End Of Month Date]))).

Any help would be much appreciated 

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xicai Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Cant get Previous months Data

Hi @BIDrone ,

You can create a measure like DAX below.

PreviousMonth = CALCULATE(SUM(GetMRRdata_overall[MRR]),DATEADD('t_Calendar'[Date],-1,MONTH))

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

4 REPLIES 4
BIDrone Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

I Have tried the following but I only get the overall total against all the products not the individual totals :

Measure 3 = VAR SELECTED = MAX('Calendar'[End Of Month Date]) RETURN CALCULATE(SUM(GetMRRdata_overall[MRR]),FILTER(ALL(GetMRRdata_overall),GetMRRdata_overall[MonthEnd] =EOMONTH(SELECTED,-1)))
BIDrone Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Think I have sorted it (I changed the calendar table name so it didnt confuse with preffered name, this wasnt the answer though)

PreviousMonth = CALCULATE(SUM(GetMRRdata_overall[MRR]),
DATESBETWEEN('t_Calendar'[Date],
FIRSTDATE(DATEADD('t_Calendar'[Date],-1,MONTH)),
IF(MONTH(MIN('t_Calendar'[Date])) = MONTH(SELECTEDVALUE(t_Calendar[End Of Month Date])), EOMONTH(SELECTEDVALUE(t_Calendar[End Of Month Date]),-1) , LASTDATE(DATEADD('t_Calendar'[Date],-1,MONTH)))
)
)
v-xicai Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Hi @BIDrone ,

You can create a measure like DAX below.

PreviousMonth = CALCULATE(SUM(GetMRRdata_overall[MRR]),DATEADD('t_Calendar'[Date],-1,MONTH))

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

BIDrone Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Thank you Amy, this is much better Smiley Happy