Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

sandeepk66
Advocate I
Advocate I

Cant Refresh on Power BI Desktop

Cant Refresh on Power BI Desktop. However, I can refresh on the Server.

Getting the below message while refreshing on the  Power BI Desktop.

DataSource.Error: Microsoft SQL: Cannot open server 'ServerName-appdbserver' requested by the login. Client with IP address '172.268.08.1' is not allowed to access the server. To enable access, use the Windows Azure Management Portal or run sp_set_firewall_rule on the master database to create a firewall rule for this IP address or address range. It may take up to five minutes for this change to take effect.
Details:
DataSourceKind=SQL
DataSourcePath=crcaxsbx01-appdbserver-a7b698c2.database.windows.net;crcaxsbx01_axdb_1b74ce904ed0dab0
Message=Cannot open server 'crcaxsbx01-appdbserver-a7b698c2' requested by the login. Client with IP address '152.208.28.5' is not allowed to access the server. To enable access, use the Windows Azure Management Portal or run sp_set_firewall_rule on the master database to create a firewall rule for this IP address or address range. It may take up to five minutes for this change to take effect.

3 REPLIES 3
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@sandeepk66

Can your problem get resolved after configure firewall settings in Azure portal?

@mikegunns

Does your refresh failure issue persists?

Best Regards,
Herbert

mikegunns
Helper I
Helper I

Beginning Saturday night, we have had nothing but problems refreshing our dataset. Also, workbooks using Analyze In Excel will not refresh. Scheduled refreshes on our dataset worked fine up until 3AM Saturday, then 6PM Saturday refresh and thereafter have failed. No changes were made to the model during that time.

Did Power BI change anything on Saturday?

Our reporting team has been overwhelmed since Monday as business users can no longer self-serve.

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@sandeepk66

It seems that you have not configured firewall settings in Azure portal, you need to add the client IP which Power BI Desktop is installed on to the allowed IP addresses.

Please refer to https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/azuresqldbsupport/2015/04/29/configuring-the-firewall-for-client-ac....

Best Regards,
Herbert

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.