Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cant Open Power BI reports

Greeting everyone , 

i have a problem with my Reports on my Desktop , Since today (13/08/2020) cant open some of my reports , a window appear when i open the report : 

1 h.png Translation of the msg : 

Cant open the docuement :  

"report name" is dammaged or the file is not a valid report . 

anyone have an idea ? for more information when i try to download another report from PBI service i can open it and after the first save , i cant open it again ( i notice the size of the file decrease ) 

anyone can help me please ? im losing my progression of my reports ? 

Thanks in advance 

5 REPLIES 5
Daviejoe
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

There's a known issue with Power BI August release, you can reinstall the previous months version from the link below.

Keep the link below, it's handy to have.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/fundamentals/desktop-latest-update-archive#march-2020-upda...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Sir , 

that's what i have done but the big issue that this version destroy the PBIX cant even open it with the july version . 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , If issue after August 2020 update, log or vote for an existing issue :https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks , can i install 2 versions for my PC ? July and august ? 

Thanks in advance 

Hi @Anonymous ,

It's impossible to install multiple production versions of "desktop app" in the same computer. You can install them in different computers or virtual machines.

However, In Windows 10, you can use 2 different versions of Power BI in the following way: 

1. Install Power BI from the store, this will update automatically (depends on your update settings too). This will always provide the latest version of Power BI. Make sure you choose Power BI Desktop in store(there is a mobile app too in store).

2. Then you can install the production version manually, receiving it from here: Link

Give a thumbs up if this post helped you in any way and mark this post as solution if it solved your query !!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.