cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EmirSc Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Cant Click on Ribbon Options

Hi,

Canti click on the options vía ribbon menu, its not freezed because i can scroll through the options (Home - View - Modeling - Help) with the scrool weel, i can click on the left side options (Report - Data - Relationships), graphics and tablets but click just doesnt work on the options.

Tried:

Reinstalling from installer .exe

Reinstalling from Microsoft Store

Several Reboot

Run Power Bi as admin

i managed to randomly "unlock" the ribbon and changed the language to english, restarted and same thing. 

Also this happens if i just open a blank power bi instance or a project

thanks

-Emir.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
montydrei Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Cant Click on Ribbon Options

This is happening to me, too, on PowerBI Desktop version 2.58.5103.501 64-bit (May 2018). A workaround that works for me is to minimize the ribbon and then expand the ribbon again. You can do this by toggling the option shown in the following screenshot:

Minimize ribbon option

7 REPLIES 7
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi EmirSc,

I have made a test on your issue but I can't reproduce it. Which version of power bi have you installed? Please check if your power bi desktop has been updated to the lastest version. In addtion, my power bi desktop version in like below:

1.PNG 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Highlighted
montydrei Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

This is happening to me, too, on PowerBI Desktop version 2.58.5103.501 64-bit (May 2018). A workaround that works for me is to minimize the ribbon and then expand the ribbon again. You can do this by toggling the option shown in the following screenshot:

Minimize ribbon option

danextian New Contributor
New Contributor

It seems to be a bug. I've encountered this before several times. Fortunately, the icons above the ribbon were still clickable and Ctrl + S still worked and I could save my file. After saving though, the ribbon becomes clickable again.  It's hard to reproduce this when it happens randomly. 

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
www.linkedin.com/in/danebelarminocpa
EmirSc Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

thanks montydrei, temporal fix i guess but it works, had to reinstall power bi because i moved the quick acces toolbar to the botom of the ribbon and coulnt click on it either

EmirSc Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

v-yuta-msft,

my power bi ver. is: Version: 2.58.5103.501 64-bit (mayo de 2018), seems like the same as you have.

try to install from store and .exe see what happens

cheers.

Ghuiles Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

It s a bug. I have the same version with the same problem.

Hopefully Microsoft is aware about it and it will be soon corrected.

kdubbeld Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Still an issue with the latest version on 03/26/2019