Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NOVICE02
Helper III
Helper III

Cannot view data for One report after publishing in workspace while i can view another report

Weird scenario. I published a report on the department workspace and i get an error message" There is no gateway to access the data source" 

However, i know this is not an access issue because i have published another report (that i can still see) which has the same data source.

I am publishing to the same common workspace. What could be causing this ?

4 REPLIES 4
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NOVICE02,

Whether your problem has been solved? If yes, could you please mark the helpful post as Answered? It will help others easily to find the solution when they get the same issue.

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NOVICE02,

It seems that you are connecting to an on-premises data source , it required to configure the gateway. Fist, please navigate to the gateway list (click the gear icon in upper left corner of the page->Manage gateway ) and check if the corresponding data source has been added. You can refer this documentation to complete this step.

manage gateway.JPG

Then go to the dataset settings page(click the gear icon in upper left corner of the page->Settings--> Datasets tab) and check whether the gateway is toggle on and the related data source was included in dataset or not .

dataset setting.JPG

In additional, please check Power BI Desktop account which you used to publish that report, power BI Service account and gateway login account? Do they match? And check if you have any gateway instance registered with the gateway account you are currently logged into?

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

So I am assuming this is a Direct Query connection?

You could check the Issues forum here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

And if it is not there, then you could post it.

If you have Pro account you could try to open a support ticket. If you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.