Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cannot use DAX measure as filter on all pages.

Hello. I have a custom DAX boolean measure that I want to set as "True" for all pages in the report (It's like 14 pages) but PBI doesn't let me. The formula is just like the following:

Boolean Measure = IF(ISBLANK('Table'[Measure]),0,1) 

So when the measure 'Table'[Measure] is blank, the 'Boolean Measure' returns 0, and vice-versa. I have tested this new measure alongside 'Table'[Measure] so I know it works as expected. So why can't I use this as a filter set to "1" for all pages?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous ,

We can't use Measure  value in Page Level Filter. This feature is not supported yet. You can review this feature request and vote it.

Please give KUDOS to this post and mark it as a solution so other member can take help from it!

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Power Bi does not support using measure in report-level filter and page-level filter yet. You can try using a calculated column instead of measure to solve your problem.

Best Regards,

Liang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickl

Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

If possible so can you send some screen shot and sample of your data/PBIX.

Please mask any sensitive data before uploading.

Thanks!

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure if this helps but here is the DAX formula:

image.png

The 'value' measure is just a number. So if the value is not blank, 'Vessel has (value)' will be True. Is there something else you want to know specifically?

@Anonymous ,

We can't use Measure  value in Page Level Filter. This feature is not supported yet. You can review this feature request and vote it.

Please give KUDOS to this post and mark it as a solution so other member can take help from it!

@Anonymous ,

You can also refer the same thread using the below link:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Filtering-a-page-based-on-a-measure/td-p/302001

Please Give KUDOS and accept this as a SOLUTION so other member can take help from it! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.