this new feature now seems permanent, which makes I cannot update my reports anymore:
I have no clue about the why on this error. But its on a query that has a certain folder as source.
I had the similar issue.
The only thing I made to solve it is to rename in Power Query the Folder that was automaticly created by Power bi
From : Transform File from c:/
To Transform File from
I hope it could help
Thank you!!! I've been trying to figure this out for months now and the other suggestions weren't working. In my case the folder name had "\" characters in it which caused the issue.
Hi @ianharper ,
Glad to hear that,could you pls mark the reply as answered to let more people to find the solution?
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Alright, I think I figured it out. It seems there's definitely a bug in PowerBi when it tries to auto-convert to the new metadata format. The issue is indeed with special characters in the Transform File functions. To fix this issue, I did the following:
This was a total pain to do once, let alone the 20 more times i'll have to do it in various reports, but for me, this resolved the issue and I can now refresh my data from within PBI Desktop.
Same problem here as well. From my error message is seems there are characters in the file path that PowerBi isn't handling well. Worked before the enhanced metadata upgrade just fine though.
This is a must watch for a message from Power BI!
Click here to read more about the December 2020 Updates!
Click here to read the latest blog and learn more about contributing to the Power BI blog!
Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!.