Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

chasekenyon

Cannot sign in to PowerBI Desktop

I cannot log in to PBI Desktop or Forums on another account. I can however sign in to PowerBI service.

When clicking sign in I enter the email address associated no password form opens. Nothing happens at all, no error. The only thing I noticed is that the sign-in button in the top right sometimes glitches and becomes black for a moment.

I have checked that I am on the most recent version, and this is a free user with data in PowerBI services.

5 REPLIES 5
wyleereilly
Frequent Visitor

Has any solution ever come out of this? I am encountering the same issue- has been working up until this weekend. Able to sign in through the online portal but not desktop, I enter email address and there is not follow-up prompt for password entry. @chasekenyon  @v-shex-msft  @jdbuchanan71 

jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

Hello @chasekenyon 

You might try signing out of the PowerBI service then signing back in.  Sometimes it seems like the security token is only partially retained and that can cause issues with other Microsoft logins.

This did not work, I have been logged out of PowerBI service and only used it to check the account credentials. The Desktop version wont even show the password field at all.

This is on a remote desktop too if that helps.

Were you able to resolve this issue? I'm experiencing exactly the same problem for a certain domain.

HI @chasekenyon ,

It sounds like Microsoft authorization has been failed on redirect steps, please check your account permissions and network policy to confirm if these operation request has been blocked.

Regard,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.