Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

shill1000
Helper IV
Helper IV

Cannot see visualisation options

I'm missing something simple I'm sure, but I have a table of % values and a bar chart visual of the same. Both are suppressing 0 values, but I can;t enable the option to display 0's. I'm expecting a dropdown in teh top right corner of each to set options, ubt it doesn;t appear. What am I doing wrong/missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @shill1000,

Please switch the summary mode of value field to 'do not summarize' to show zero values.

In addition, above method only works on table visual. When you use bar chart, value field shows as summarized value.(if current column which in value field can't be summarized, it will show the the value as count of xxxxx)

BTW, current power bi not contains features to force display zero value.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @shill1000,

Please switch the summary mode of value field to 'do not summarize' to show zero values.

In addition, above method only works on table visual. When you use bar chart, value field shows as summarized value.(if current column which in value field can't be summarized, it will show the the value as count of xxxxx)

BTW, current power bi not contains features to force display zero value.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Xiaxin,

Thanks, that wasn;t the actual solution but it pointed me in teh right direction. I was looking at the value summary options, and once I checked the Axis oprtions I found the show items with no data option. Doh!

Simon

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.