Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cannot see relationship columns in Query editor?

If I make a query to a PostgreSQL database, I can see the related tables as a new column at the end of the regular columns. However, if I send this report to my collegue, she doesn't see those columns (the teble itself is visible, only the relationship columns are disappearing), and is unable to refresh. I experimented a bit, and discovered, that if a user with SELECT permission queries the database, the columns are not visible. With the owner of the database, those are visible. What permissions are needed for that functionality?

Edit 1:

It turns out the REFERENCES privilege is needed: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-grant.html

REFERENCES

Allows creation of a foreign key constraint referencing the specified table, or specified column(s) of the table. (See the CREATE TABLE statement.)

Now my question would be what is executed, or why is that privilege need?

2 REPLIES 2
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Anonymous 

You may try to refer to this post:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/any-way-to-share-reports-with-whom-do-not-have-data-base/td-p/218396

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-lili6-msft,

Thanks for taking the time, but I don't think this answers any of my questions.

Br,

Szabolcs

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.