Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

michaelnehls

Cannot see all data with line and stacked column charts

Hi, everything was working fine until we updated to the May PowerBI desktop client. Now, all of our charts that used a line and stacked column graph don't show data to the end of the selected time period. For example, we had a table containing downloads and usage of our app by date. We originally plotted the date on the X axis with downloads as the columns and usage as the lines. We were loading in around 6 months of data from December to June. Now, with the latest update, we only see data through March or April, and not all the way to June.

Is anyone else experiencing this and have a solution? We tried to submit a feedback with the in-app feedback system but that didn't work either.

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @michaelnehls,

I already found this issue not long ago. In May update Power BI desktop version, the Line and Stacked Column chart will not display complete records. It should be a potential bug. I have reported this issue internally and will keep you update once I get any feedback.

To work around the issue temporarily, I would suggest you publish the report to Power BI Service. Based on my test, the Line and Stacked Column chart can work fine in Power BI Service reports and dashboards.

The same issue for your refrence:

Report doesnt show the same timeperiod as in Dash Board

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
pat_energetics
Advocate II
Advocate II

Yes - I have this behavior as well. Dataset containing price and volume data for 5 years truncated to ~1 year on the visual with no apparent reason. I had a short term work around using the line and clustered column. That visual at least seems to take the full dataset.

From communication with MS, there appears to be a few issues with several of the visuals - and in particular the custom visuals - which are being worked on. See the version update date on the custom gallery to see which ones appear to be affected after the May update.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.