Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Aamir_khan
Advocate V
Advocate V

Cannot see Automatic page refresh in the Power BI desktop.

Cannot see Automatic page refresh in the Power BI desktop.

I have enable the serviceI have enable the serviceCannot see Automatic page refresh in the Power BICannot see Automatic page refresh in the Power BICannot see Automatic page refresh in the Power BICannot see Automatic page refresh in the Power BI

12 REPLIES 12
pezeta

I recommend reading the following note at https://radacad.com/directquery-connection-in-power-bi-how-does-it-work-limitations-and-advantages, it clearly explains the problem. Indeed it can only be used with DirectQuery Connection the option Automatic page refresh

Regards

Pedro Zambrano Bojorquez

Tecnológico de Chihuahua, Mexico

Omitsky
Frequent Visitor

Facing the same issue too.No automatic refresh option available under options

Omitsky_0-1600497464442.png

How did you resolve this

v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Aamir_khan 

I wonder if the version of Power BI Desktop is the latest one. It works properly with the latest version in my computer. And which connect mode you are using. It works only for DirectQuery instead of 'import' or 'live connection'. From the above reply, you said you are using Web. However, Web is not a connect mode. For further information, please refer to the official document . 

Here are the supported Power BI data source . It may help. 

Best Regards

Allan

v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Aamir_khan 

The automatic page refresh (APR) feature in Power BI lets your active report page query for new data, at a pre-defined cadence, for DirectQuery sources.

Firstly, you need to Go to File > Options and settings then select Options, and select Preview features from the left pane. Enable the feature by selecting the checkbox beside Automatic page refresh.

To use automatic page refresh, select the report page for which you want to enable refresh. In the Visualizations pane, select the Formatting icon (a paint roller) and find Page refresh near the bottom of the pane.

c1.png

There are some considerations and limitations. For further information, please refer to the official document .

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have check everything but no use.. My other colleague is facing same problem

As just checked , one of my collegue using 2019 version December. in that i am able to see Automatic refresh option.

In 2020 Feb Version, though we have checked in preview feature, that automatic refresh option is not available in format pane.

I think we have to report this feature missing informaiton to MS support team.

Regards

Rajendra

judspud
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @Aamir_khan 

Have you restarted PowerBI Desktop since enabling the preview feature?

Also, the page refresh is under the format section rather than fields. Click the paint roller icon and it should be at the bottom

Hope this helps

Thanks,

George

After enable the feature I have restarted the power bi but Cannot see Automatic page refresh in the Power BI desktop anywher I have check that

Hi @Aamir_khan 

What data connection do you have?

Automatic refresh is for use with Direct Query data connections

Thanks,

George

If its not Direct Querry that means you cant  automatically refresh your data ?

I am using Web 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors