Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jdt008
Advocate II
Advocate II

Cannot scroll horizontally on a report, thus it limits the viewable data.

In the past, when a report contained more data in the X-Axis than it could display, we were given the ability to scroll horizontally to view all of the X-Axis data elements. This functionality does not appear to exist after the new release.  The impact of this has rendered a few of our reports useless as we're attempting to view timeline trends.  Please advise.  Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Miguel2
Employee
Employee

This is still not solved. The data on the pinned tiles is still cropped on line charts. I can only visualize 9 months, and I wanted to see the whole year. Any update on this?

@Miguel2 What you are describing is a completely different problem. I would suggest you open a different thread in the "Service" area, and have something like "Line Chart data is cut off in Dashboard Tile" - or something to that effect. And/or - create an issue in this area.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
aront
Helper I
Helper I

This works just fine for us and automatically as well. Perhaps you can add a few more details on what tools you are using so you can get clearer feedback

Sure.  We're using IE 11, 64 Bit Windows and Office, and are connecting our data to a tabular model.  When in classic view, we have a snapshot or timeline date assigned to the X-Axis which horizontally spans wider than the real estate provided on the report page.  It provides us with a horizontal scroll.  When we switch to the New Canvas, the horizontal scroll disappears, and we are only able to view snapshot dates that fit into the real estate on the report page, i.e. we cannot scroll to the right to see all snapshot dates across the X-Axis.

Thanks

My case was scolling on the y axis so the fact that does work is not relevant then. My apologies as you did explicitely say "scroll horizontally" in your subject. As you assumed then, it's likely a bug.

No worries.  Thanks again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.