Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cannot save as any powerbi file with November and December 2021 update

Hi

I cannot save as any report, even a blank one with a manual table since Nov 21 version. I updated to December and same issue. Did a few restart and no luck. Tried on other MS product just in case it was a machine issue and working on other MS product.

It just hangs when saving with the spinning wheel.

Please can you suggest a solution. I tried running it as an admin too and same issue.

I did get the webview2 window and did add the local env variable to disable the new Powerbi infrastructure feature in case this was the issue

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Since I am also using the December version, I don't think it's a problem with the Power BI Desktop version. Of course, you can also download the previous version from this link and try it out.

Please follow the steps below to troubleshoot on this issue:

1.Open   document in safemode and try if you can save the changes.

2.Check this official article on “Clean boot” section and check if issue persist.

3.If you encounter this error message while saving your document: "This error occurs when you save a Microsoft Office file type blocked by File Block settings in the Trust Center".

Please go to File > Options > Trust Center > Trust center settings > File Block settings.

Under File Type, find the type of your file which is unable to be saved, uncheck the check box of Save.

And Errors in saving files may be due to system file corruptions. To resolve this, we suggest running the System File Checker (SFC) tool.

1.Run Command Prompt in administrator mode.

2.Type sfc /scannow then hit Enter.

Note: This whole procedure will take about 20 minutes. Don't close the Command Prompt window until the verification is 100% complete. The scan results will be shown after the process is finished.

Or you can try create a new user profile, check if this issue persist in this new user profile.

And you could refer the following articles:

What to if you’re unable to save Word document

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Best Regards

Lucien

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Has your problem been solved, if so, please consider Accept a correct reply as the solution or share your own solution to help others find it.

Best Regards
Lucien

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Since I am also using the December version, I don't think it's a problem with the Power BI Desktop version. Of course, you can also download the previous version from this link and try it out.

Please follow the steps below to troubleshoot on this issue:

1.Open   document in safemode and try if you can save the changes.

2.Check this official article on “Clean boot” section and check if issue persist.

3.If you encounter this error message while saving your document: "This error occurs when you save a Microsoft Office file type blocked by File Block settings in the Trust Center".

Please go to File > Options > Trust Center > Trust center settings > File Block settings.

Under File Type, find the type of your file which is unable to be saved, uncheck the check box of Save.

And Errors in saving files may be due to system file corruptions. To resolve this, we suggest running the System File Checker (SFC) tool.

1.Run Command Prompt in administrator mode.

2.Type sfc /scannow then hit Enter.

Note: This whole procedure will take about 20 minutes. Don't close the Command Prompt window until the verification is 100% complete. The scan results will be shown after the process is finished.

Or you can try create a new user profile, check if this issue persist in this new user profile.

And you could refer the following articles:

What to if you’re unable to save Word document

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Best Regards

Lucien

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.