Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sburi2

Cannot refresh because Excel file is being used by another process after upgrading to o365

I recently upgraded from Office 2016 to o365. After the upgrade I am now blocked in Python and PBI from refreshing when I have my Excel file open. All of my files are synced to Onedrive and from what I gather, Onedrive is the actual culprit. However pausing syncing did not enable refresh.

I get it, close the file dummy. But I didn't make it this far in my career finding the laziest  best way to do everything just to give up now. At a functional level, I'm not modifying the file I'm accessing so I should be able to read it in. If I was trying to modify it I could understand the block.

Does anyone have a fix for this besides, you know, closing the file?

1 REPLY 1
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sburi2 ,

Please see if the articles helps:

Office 365: A guide to the updates | Computerworld

https://myinnerpc.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042173231-How-to-Revert-Office-365-to-a-Previous-...

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please considerAccept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.