Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jagostinhoCT
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Cannot refresh Sharepoint folder with files after 31st August

Hello,

Being unable to sync files on a sharepoint folder datasource whose date is younger than 31st August 2018.

Found a different thread that may hint to something similar to what I am getting but I am not using Salesforce.

I have tested:

1. that access to SP folder permissions are set correctly.
  2. reducing the number of files, hence, rows, on the query
  3. that September file's structure is identical to the August versions.

None worked. 

Also, if I move all files but the ones I want to show in the SP folder refreshing the query returns a "table is empty" result.

did a test separately to connect dirreclty to the september file . It worked.

connected to a local sync of the SP folder. It worked.

connected to the cloud SP folder. It did not work.

(see photo below)

Local vs SP Folder datasource.png

Is this a problem with the Sharepoint Folder datasource connection?

It is key for this to work for one of the dashboards we use relies entirely on being able to pickup the new monthly files.

Help, please....

6 REPLIES 6
jagostinhoCT
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

I have new light on the topic.

I have added a new Datasource that reads from the same files but this time from a synced local folder, and have modelled the data so that it matches the requirements I need.

After starting replacing the fields one by one I noticed that everything else works if I use the "Date" field from the synced local folder whereas it does not if I use the "Date" from the Sharepoint Folder.

Both of them have been generated the same way and both of them are formatted the exact same way.

Why woudl PBI treat them differently?Dates.png

Date from Sharepoint Folder.png

Date from Local Folder.png

HI @jagostinhoCT,

I guess it may related to sharepoint online service, if anything wrong on service side and broken relationships so it can't auto analytics.

Maybe you can open a ticket for this to get better support.

submit a support ticketsubmit a support ticket

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

thank you @v-shex-msft,

I do not have access to logging a Support ticket.

Have also tried using a Calendar table and refreshing the datasources on PBI Desktop and it does not work either. I do not think it is linked to the SP service but I am unable to find what it is causing it to not showing anything after 31st August 2018

jagostinhoCT
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Hello,

Being unable to sync files on a sharepoint folder datasource whose date is younger than 31st August 2018.

Found a different thread that may hint to something similar to what I am getting but I am not using Salesforce.

I have tested:

1. that access to SP folder permissions are set correctly.
  2. reducing the number of files, hence, rows, on the query
  3. that September file's structure is identical to the August versions.

None worked. 

Also, if I move all files but the ones I want to show in the SP folder refreshing the query returns a "table is empty" result.

did a test separately to connect dirreclty to the september file . It worked.

connected to a local sync of the SP folder. It worked.

connected to the cloud SP folder. It did not work.

(see photo below)

Local vs SP Folder datasource.png

Is this a problem with the Sharepoint Folder datasource connection?

It is key for this to work for one of the dashboards we use relies entirely on being able to pickup the new monthly files.

Help, please....

HI @jagostinhoCT,

Have you import any custom visuals to your report? If this is a case, it seems like a known issue who already list on support page.

Please take a look at support page to know more about this issue:

Customers who have Power BI reports that are stored in and refreshed from OneDrive and contain organizational store custom visuals can become corrupted when they refresh. 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for your reply @v-shex-msft.

I had a custom visual but I have deleted it and the data still does not show.

BTW, my datasources are stored on a Sharepoint folder, not on a OneDrive location, if this is relevant.

Again, I do not get any errors. The data just does not refresh after 31st August.

Any additional ideas on how might this be happening?

Thank you for your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.