Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lelalaoui
Frequent Visitor

Cannot refresh Data with PBI Gateway

Hi All,

I have 3 PBI reports and I'm having a problem with one where my data is not automatically refreshed, All 3 repprts are published in the same work space with the same gateway, but with this one I have to upload it each time I find that there are updates, else no refresh will be done, have you ever faced this issue ?

One more thing, that I have noticed and I can't say that it is linked to the issue, it's each time when I publish the 2 working reports the wizard asks me to choose my gateway, unlike this report where I have this issue, the wizard asks me to select the space Only.

thanks for your help.

7 REPLIES 7
littlemojopuppy
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi!  Are all data sources used in the reports configured in the gateway?

I use only one server with some linked servers, but just to be safe in case, I added all my sources in the gatway

Hi @lelalaoui ,

I noticed that you are using linked server, linked server will always meet the double hop certificated problem, have you checked it? I would suggest you checking the gateway error log and the log of resource to get more information.

Best Regards,

Teige

Hi @TeigeGao 

In the diagnostics section of the gateway setting I'm having somthing strange, I tried to reinstall the gateway to see if I have the same behavior and it is : Once I install it and I launch a new test, the result is successful but if I try a new test few hours later I get this message (Incomplete (failed to connect to network), and I don't see where to get the logs, I'm only having logs for completed tests. You think it is linked to this ?

About linked servers, I changed my queries to get data directly from my servers without using linked servers and in my gateway I added all my servers in, what do you think ?

Thx.

Hi @lelalaoui ,

I would suggest you referring to this document: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-onprem-tshoot to get the error log of gateway. The error log will point the direction to troubleshooting, generally, gateway error can be caused by many reasons.

Best Regards,

Teige

Hi @TeigeGao 

It seems that my gateway works fine for two raisons :

My old reports works correctly ;

And following this article bit.ly/2HubJmo, it apprears that that error is just a bug but the gateway is functuoning.

So, the reported problem is linked to something else, please advise.

Best regards

Can anybody help on this please ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.