Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AlbertZ
Regular Visitor

Cannot publish to personal workspace

When I publish to My Workspace, the message "Sorry, you don't have access to publish to this workspace. Please contact the owner for access." Since it is My Workspace, I am the owner and I confirmed that I am.

• The size of the pbix file is 8MB, not very big or difficult.
  • I tried publishing several times quickly after each other to no avail.
  • I waited a day to try again, which did not make a difference.
  • I created a new project in Power BI desktop, with only one table and either Import or Direct Query but I was not allowed to publish the new project either way.
  • The file is on OneDrive business, but I copied the file to a really local folder and that didn't help either.

What is your suggestion for me to try solve this problem?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @AlbertZ,

I would suggest you file a support ticket here. I'm afraid we can't solve such an issue in the forum. 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

And so I did.

It turned out that somewhere in the log files it said: 

Message: A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: SSL Provider, error: 0 - The certificate chain was issued by an authority that is not trusted.

The most helpful person of the support team concluded from this that it is not a Power Bi problem and referred me to a SQL BI blog  page that discusses the same error message and how to fix it. I applied that fix on my laptop (as client), on the server where I have my gateway (server and client) and where I have my data (server). I don't know what combination actually made it work, I just applied the fix where ever I could on the line from here to the data.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @AlbertZ,

That's weird. 

1. Do you have enough space left?

2. Can you still publish to an App workspace successfully?

3. How did you publish the report? Using the button in Desktop?

Suggestions:

1. Upgrade the Desktop to the latest version.

2. Get the pbix file from the Service.

3. Please share some snapshots. Especially the details of the error message.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-jiascu-msft thank you for your reply, here some responses.
T1. I think I have enough space left in the workspace:
PBSpace.png
T2. I don't know if I can publish to an App workspace. I don't have an App workspace. 
T3. Yes, I published with the publish button in Desktop.

S1. Did so: 2.65.5313.841. is where the problems are.
S2. First I published from the file I had locally, that didn't work. Then I downloaded the pbix from the service, edited it (had to replace a data source) and then tried to publish, that also did not work.
S3. That is the frustrating part, there are hardly any details.
PBError.png

Hi @AlbertZ,

I would suggest you file a support ticket here. I'm afraid we can't solve such an issue in the forum. 

Best Regards,

And so I did.

It turned out that somewhere in the log files it said: 

Message: A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: SSL Provider, error: 0 - The certificate chain was issued by an authority that is not trusted.

The most helpful person of the support team concluded from this that it is not a Power Bi problem and referred me to a SQL BI blog  page that discusses the same error message and how to fix it. I applied that fix on my laptop (as client), on the server where I have my gateway (server and client) and where I have my data (server). I don't know what combination actually made it work, I just applied the fix where ever I could on the line from here to the data.

Thanks for sharing, @AlbertZ. I'm so glad you made it work again.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.