Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Funk-E-Guy
Helper II
Helper II

Cannot publish DirectQuery composite model to a SharePoint Workspace - PowerBINotAuthorizedException

I seem to have an issue where I can publish regular models just fine, but I cannot seem to publish a composite model.

Half of my model uses DirectQuery from a separate model that a 3rd party we've hired has made. The other half of my model uses a group of queries that I've built upon folders of CSVs and Excel files. When I go and publish this to , I am greeted with the following error:

PowerBINotAuthorizedException.png

If I try to publish the composite model to "My Workspace", the publish is successful but when I open the report in the browser, half of the tiles have this error:

Can't Display Visual.png

And at the top of the report in "My Workspace", there's this error visible as well:

No Gateway.png

I've tried sharing the 3rd party dataset with both myself, as well as the e-mail address associated with the sharepoint workspace, in case that was the issue. That didn't seem to fix it.

I've also tried manually importing my PBIX file on the , but I got this error saying it couldn't import the data.

Couldn't Import Data.png

After closing this error, the dataset and report are not there, but the dashboard it. Clicking on the dashboard, it just tells me Permission Required

Permission Required.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Funk-E-Guy ,

Maybe you can refer to the link.

Solved: Power BI Connector PowerBINotAuthorizedException - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

VijayP
Super User
Super User

@Funk-E-Guy 

As per my knowledge this is related to Credentials and Access to the data.

While you are using Direct Query major calculations happen at Server Side so you neeed to check the Vendor abou this issue. This is not power bi problem

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.