Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Hyperchef1969
Helper V
Helper V

Cannot make calculated column based on multiple tables

Hi,

I have 4 tables related with eachother according following picture. Within table Po_line_shipments I have the needby date and the ordered quantity for the specific shipment. Now I need to calculate the total weight for a specific shipment on needby date. Therefore I tried to make a calculated column where ordered qty (within po_line_shipments) is multiplied by unit weight of the specific item (visible in table XXBI_items_MV). Trying to do this, I cannot select the unit weight after entering 'ordering qty * '. Also the related function does not work. After typing related, I cannot select anything.

Does anyone know how I can create a calculated column 'Ordered qty * unit weight' within the table po line shipments?

2018-11-13_14-49-52.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Already solved. Relationship from po_line_shipments to po_lines was one to many instead of many to one.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Hyperchef1969,

Could you please share your pbix or sample data to me? You can upload the file to dropbox and share the link here.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Already solved. Relationship from po_line_shipments to po_lines was one to many instead of many to one.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.