Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

darshaningale
Resolver II
Resolver II

Cannot login to any cloud from Power BI desktop.

Cannot login to any cloud from Power BI desktop.

The progress bar just spins and doesnt give any error.

I cannot login to Azure Devops , Sharepoint sites etc.

3 REPLIES 3
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @darshaningale , 

From July 2021 , infrastructure of Power BI Desktop started to be transitioned from using CefSharp to WebView2. According to official document Enabling Microsoft Edge (Chromium) for OAuth authentication in Power BI Desktop | Microsoft Docs , as of October of 2021, Power BI Desktop will use Microsoft Edge WebView2 for OAuth authentication for all connectors by default. When this happens, it is fully required to run Power BI Desktop. If it’s not already installed, please try to install the new Edge(Chromium) browser from https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/download or install the WebView2 redist package on your Power BI Desktop machine and then try your operation again.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@darshaningale , Are you using the Oct-2021 release? If yes check for any known issue https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

I am using October 2021 release and i cannot find my issue listed in the link.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.