Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cannot login to PowerBI Desktop

Hi,

I'm getting this error when logging into PowerBI Desktop. Tried on 2 different pc's and still get the same error.

PowerBI Error.jpg

Thanks,

Anton

7 REPLIES 7
Avichal
Frequent Visitor

Hi Afernando,

Please open CMD as adminstrator on device which you are facing problem. Type dsregcmd /status. Under Device state you will find domain joined. Please ensure it have yes against it.

Regards,

Avichal Krishna

Anonymous
Not applicable

sdfasfdsaf.jpg

Are you using windows 10 ? If yes, Please help with version of windows 10. You can go to Run and type "winver" to find window version.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm on Windows 10 1809 on my desktop and 1903 on my laptop. Both gives the same error.

Thanks,

Anton

I would recommend you go to File -> Options and settings -> Options -> Diagnostics of Power BI desktop and click "enable tracing", and check the detailed logs in the traces folder.

Also please disable antivirus software and firewall on your machine to see whether issue persists. And check if any proxy settings prevent you from signing in.

If you still encounter this issue after trying above advice, please uninstall your current desktop and reinstall the latest version for a test.

Avichal
Frequent Visitor

Hi Afernando,

Could you let me know if you are using your office email and is it only with Power BI or rest of Office application also ?

Regards,

Avichal Krishna

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Office email. Only happens with PBI Desktop. I can login to PowerBI service with no issues.

Thanks,

Anton

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.