Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cannot load model (PBI dataset)

Hi all,

Suddenly this morning I had an issue with all my Desktop Pbix files that are connected to a PBI Dataset I manage and upload myself.

I get the error message as soon as I open the pbix file and there is no other way to get out of the message than a force quit through CTRL+ALT+DEL.

2020-06-29_10-03-48.jpg

Anyone recognize what the underlying issue might be?

I have made no changes to the underlying dataset in Power BI service...

Best, Rasmus 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi , @Anonymous 

We suggest you to open a ticket here to investigate  this issue if you are a pro user:
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Once you get any solution,please kindly share it and add you reply to close this thread.

So that others having similar concern can find the answer more easily.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Amit,

My datasource is a Power BI dataset uploaded to a premium workspace in my organization.

The Power BI dataset itself is a different pbix file that takes excel data from my computer and is working well still.

I am using a desktop version from March since the new updates (June) made my Power BI unable to start (this happened to many other users as well). I see some replies in your posted threads that using the latest version is advised, but I do not want to go back to that issue of being unable to even open Power BI Desktop in the first place.

Getting a bit tired of all these bugs every now and then...

Hi , @Anonymous 

We suggest you to open a ticket here to investigate  this issue if you are a pro user:
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Once you get any solution,please kindly share it and add you reply to close this thread.

So that others having similar concern can find the answer more easily.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.