Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

OliviaTian000
Regular Visitor

Cannot install Visuals for Power Automate in Power BI desktop

Hi All, 

Now, my Power Desktop vision is 2.88.1385.0, and I am trying to install Power Automate, and I would receive the message saying that the visual was successfully installed, but after clicking the pop-up message, the icon is not shown there.

Anyone has the issue like what I am facing now?

Anyone could advise me how to fix it? Thanks.

Regards, 

Olivia

Power Automate.PNGPower Automate2.PNGPower Automate3.PNG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
AnkitKukreja
Super User
Super User

Hi @OliviaTian000 

Not sure, which version is this "Power Desktop version is 2.88.1385". But, the Power automate is in preview feature and was released in April update.
Please try and install the latest version and check.

Thanks,

Ankit

If my response has successfully addressed your question or concern, I kindly request that you mark this post as resolved. Additionally, if you found my assistance helpful, a thumbs-up would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ankit Kukreja
www.linkedin.com/in/ankit-kukreja1904

View solution in original post

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @OliviaTian000 ,

Just as what @AnkitKukreja mentioned, it is needed to use April 2021 or later version of Power BI Desktop to use Power Automate (Preview) visual.

Limitations and considerations

• For the full capabilities, such as automation of flows that do not need Power BI fields as inputs, the visual will require using the April 2021 release of Power BI, which will go live soon.
  • Manual, user-entered  inputs to the button are not supported at this time. We plan to add support for this by our General Availability release.
  • Currently, we only have a few built-in templates; however, we will be adding more based on user feedback.
  • The visual is not supported for PaaS embedded scenarios nor in Sovereign Cloud scenarios.

Reference: Announcing the new Power Automate visual for Power BI reports | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft ...

Power Automate.PNG

You can download previous versions of Power BI Desktop from here: 

Previous monthly updates to Power BI Desktop and the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Docs.

April 2021 Update (2.92.706.0) : 

May 2021 Update (2.93.981.0) :

Download Microsoft Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @OliviaTian000 ,

Just as what @AnkitKukreja mentioned, it is needed to use April 2021 or later version of Power BI Desktop to use Power Automate (Preview) visual.

Limitations and considerations

• For the full capabilities, such as automation of flows that do not need Power BI fields as inputs, the visual will require using the April 2021 release of Power BI, which will go live soon.
  • Manual, user-entered  inputs to the button are not supported at this time. We plan to add support for this by our General Availability release.
  • Currently, we only have a few built-in templates; however, we will be adding more based on user feedback.
  • The visual is not supported for PaaS embedded scenarios nor in Sovereign Cloud scenarios.

Reference: Announcing the new Power Automate visual for Power BI reports | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft ...

Power Automate.PNG

You can download previous versions of Power BI Desktop from here: 

Previous monthly updates to Power BI Desktop and the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Docs.

April 2021 Update (2.92.706.0) : 

May 2021 Update (2.93.981.0) :

Download Microsoft Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

AnkitKukreja
Super User
Super User

Hi @OliviaTian000 

Not sure, which version is this "Power Desktop version is 2.88.1385". But, the Power automate is in preview feature and was released in April update.
Please try and install the latest version and check.

Thanks,

Ankit

If my response has successfully addressed your question or concern, I kindly request that you mark this post as resolved. Additionally, if you found my assistance helpful, a thumbs-up would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ankit Kukreja
www.linkedin.com/in/ankit-kukreja1904

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.