Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Criptop
Advocate I
Advocate I

Cannot import any tables from SQL Server into Power BI Dataset - M query/native source query error

Hi all,

Had a good search but couldn't find a solution.

I am trying to import a new table from our SQL Server into our Power BI Dataset but I get the following error message:

Criptop_0-1614250545567.png

I tried importing an existing table that I know works, but I get the same error message.

I created a new Power BI file, connected to the server and I can now import the new table along with all other tables. 

Would welcome any thoughts/suggestions on how to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Criptop ,

Can you tell me the connection mode of your data source?  It may be that Direct Query does not support some of your conversions.

If it doesn’t meet your requirement, could you provide more screenshots in detail? Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Criptop
Advocate I
Advocate I

After a few of hours of trying different things, I created a new table by clicking on Enter Data, gave the table a Test name and entered a '1' in to a single cell of the table. After a long loading time, the table loaded. I then tried getting the table from the SQL Server again and, after a similarly long processing time, the table also loaded. 

However, when I try to add another table, I still get the original error message. I tried the above again but still get the same result.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.