Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cannot get my DAX Measure to filter the destination file

Hi Experts

I have the following DAX whichis supposed to filter the desintation pbix file based on the filter criteria selected by the user. When i click on the URL link below, nothing happens in the destination file, it just load and the filters are not getting applied. i am trying to use a measure as a hyperlink...

I cannot see whats i have done wrong been trying to trouble shoot this for a few hours and keep on hitting a wall.

Report Filter = 
    VAR oL = "DIM Sales Person/Office Location eq '" & SELECTEDVALUE( 'DIM Sales Person'[Office Location] ) & "'" 
    VAR oC = "DIM Sales Person/City eq '" & SELECTEDVALUE('DIM Sales Person'[City]) & "'" 
    VAR oS  = "DIM Shipper/Ship Company Name eq '" & SELECTEDVALUE('DIM Shipper'[Ship Company Name]) & "'"
    VAR oP = "DIM Product/Category Name eq '" & SELECTEDVALUE('DIM Product'[Category Name]) & "'"
    VAR oSP = "DIM Sales Person/Sales Person eq '" & SELECTEDVALUE('DIM Sales Person'[Sales Person]) & "'"
    VAR oRegion = "DIM Sales Person/Sales Region eq '" & SELECTEDVALUE('DIM Sales Person'[Sales Region]) & "'"
    VAR oDate = IF(ISFILTERED( 'Calendar'[Date] ), "Calendar/Date le"  & MAX('Calendar'[Date]) & "and Calendar/Date gt" & MIN('Calendar'[Date]))
    RETURN

[Report URL] & 
    SWITCH(
        TRUE,
        ISFILTERED( 'DIM Sales Person'[Office Location] ) &&  ISFILTERED( 'DIM Sales Person'[City]  ), "?filter=" & oL & " and " & oC & " and " & oS & " and " & oP & " and " & oSP & " and " & oRegion & " and " & oDate,
        ISFILTERED( 'DIM Sales Person'[Office Location] ), "?filter=" & oL, 
        ISFILTERED( 'DIM Sales Person'[City]  ), "?filter=" & oC,
        ISFILTERED( 'DIM Shipper'[Ship Company Name]  ), "?filter=" & oS,
        ISFILTERED( 'DIM Product'[Category Name] ), "?filter=" & oP,
        ISFILTERED( 'DIM Sales Person'[Sales Person]), "?filter=" & oSP,
        ISFILTERED( 'DIM Sales Person'[Sales Region]), "?filter=" & oRegion, 
        oDate

)

PS happy to post a link to data if required.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

https://app.powerbi.com/groups/6a4fa620-97e6-425b-ba79-1c9b9c209e68/reports/af3aec6d-bf0a-4630-b357-...DIM Sales Person/Office Location eq 'USA' and DIM Sales Person/City eq '<Removed>' and DIM Shipper/Ship Company Name eq '<Removed>' and DIM Product/Category Name eq '<Removed>' and DIM Sales Person/Sales Person eq '<Removed>' and DIM Sales Person/Sales Region eq '<Removed>' and Calendar/Date le12/31/2017and Calendar/Date gt11/7/2014

In the above, DIM Sales Person and others need to have spaces replaced with _x0020_

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous  - Please share a link to pbix. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8el1g6z3oreyy0q/URL_Link_Test_File_6.pbix?dl=0

try and publish "Duplicate of Company Details"  as a new pbix file and you'll need to update the Report URL.

I am using measure Report Filter 1 as my hyperlink to destination published pbix.

you could also use Report Filter 2 both should work agin same issue with this DAX code too.

Anonymous
Not applicable

In Report Filter, some spaces need to be encoded.

Report Filter 2 doesn't contain the ?filter=

Both have some instances where there is not a space before the word "and"

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi

can you point one out for me please in Report Filter

Anonymous
Not applicable

https://app.powerbi.com/groups/6a4fa620-97e6-425b-ba79-1c9b9c209e68/reports/af3aec6d-bf0a-4630-b357-...DIM Sales Person/Office Location eq 'USA' and DIM Sales Person/City eq '<Removed>' and DIM Shipper/Ship Company Name eq '<Removed>' and DIM Product/Category Name eq '<Removed>' and DIM Sales Person/Sales Person eq '<Removed>' and DIM Sales Person/Sales Region eq '<Removed>' and Calendar/Date le12/31/2017and Calendar/Date gt11/7/2014

In the above, DIM Sales Person and others need to have spaces replaced with _x0020_

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi i have just tried

https://app.powerbi.com/groups/6a4fa620-97e6-425b-ba79-1c9b9c209e68/reports/af3aec6d-bf0a-4630-b357-4e057c9c4bd2/ReportSectiond77d965cc24737ab52b1?filter=DIMSalesPerson/OfficeLocation eq 'USA'

for one filter and no result.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Instead of removing spaces from Table / Column, you need to replace spaces with _x0020_

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the excellent feedback. Much appreciated I solved the solution using just that. Once again thank u.

Anonymous
Not applicable

For troubleshooting, I'd recommend trying one filter at a time and then combine them.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors