Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mah65 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Cannot export the date column of the table

Hi,

I am trying to export the data table from a pbix file. I don't have the original data file of this file, so the Query Editor does not work for my case.

For exporting, I am using the procedure that has been described in here (copy table and paste in a excel file):

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Export-whole-table-in-Excel/m-p/376952#M171295

The data is exported well. However, the columns that are date-time series are not exported (Null values) (Only the column name is copied to the file). 

Can you please help me find a solution for this? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Cannot export the date column of the table

Hi @mah65,

I would suggest you assign a format option when you paste the data. Please refer to the snapshot below. It seems Excel doesn't detect it. The data is still there.

Cannot-export-the-date-column-of-the-table2

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @mah65,

Where did you paste the data?

How much data do you have?

Is the whole column blank?

Can you share a sample or some snapshots?

It's good in my test.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
mah65 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I pasted the data in an excel file and saved it as a csv. Only the date-time data is not pasted.

The data is not big. It is just 2600 rows. 15 columns. 

Yes, the whole time-date series are blank.

Sorry, I couldn't find how I can upload photo from PC to this thread.

I found that I can copy the data, paste it into a text file, then again copy and paste it into an excel file. This worked for me.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @mah65,

I would suggest you assign a format option when you paste the data. Please refer to the snapshot below. It seems Excel doesn't detect it. The data is still there.

Cannot-export-the-date-column-of-the-table2

Best Regards,