Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

M4r3
Frequent Visitor

Cannot drag and drop to the Values data field

I have issues when I try to drag and drop Fields to the Values data field in the visual. This is the case when I try with the normal column and also with a calculated column. If there is a field already in the Values and I remove it, and then try to insert the same field, it still doesn't work.

2022-07-18 09_14_44-PBI master staging DEMO - Power BI Desktop.png

This issue started this week. Version: 2.107.683.0 64-bit (July 2022)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SpartaBI
Community Champion
Community Champion

@M4r3 looks like the implicit measures is disabled. Did you create a calculation group? That enforces the disable of implicit measures so you will need to create explicit measures for that columns and then you could put them in the values

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
M4r3
Frequent Visitor

For example how is it possible that removing this field works, and when I try to insert the field in values again, it doesn't want to drag and drop? I can insert it in details, but not in values.

2022-07-18 14_25_23-Window.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there! I have the similar issue. Im able to remove a field(contains text, not numerical or calculated) but cannot place it back. Fields section doesnt accept neither the old field nor the new one as if I wasnt able to drop it within the given area.

Version: 2.107.683.0 . Would be great to know what is going on and how to tackle it 

@Anonymous someone created a calculation group on the model which blocks the usage of implicit measures going forward. You can't have both and in general it's best practice to create explicit measures instead of dragging the columns to be aggregated implicitely 

SpartaBI
Community Champion
Community Champion

@M4r3 I will pm you

M4r3
Frequent Visitor

@SpartaBICould you explain a bit further? I did not create a calculation group.

This EUR_AMOUNT column is just a calculated column containing only numerical values.

EUR_AMOUNT = IF(CLM_C_PAYMENT_SAT[CURRENCY_CODE]="HRK",CLM_C_PAYMENT_SAT[AMOUNT]*0.13,CLM_C_PAYMENT_SAT[AMOUNT])
SpartaBI
Community Champion
Community Champion

@M4r3 looks like the implicit measures is disabled. Did you create a calculation group? That enforces the disable of implicit measures so you will need to create explicit measures for that columns and then you could put them in the values

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.