Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RahulKhetan

Cannot download Power BI Visual as image _ Please help!!

Power BI Image Download question.png

Dear Power BI Community,

I am unable to download any Power BI visual that I create as an image. Can someone please help me with why I cannot download it as any image file (png,jpeg etc)?? The three dots on the top of visual only show options such as 'export data' or 'show as table', but there is no option to download the image.

Please help.

Rahul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RahulKhetan , 

Could you please tell me that did you upload to Power BI Service?  I cannot reproduce your issue. I can copy visual as image.

• Navigate to the report you want to copy from
  • Hover over a visual and click on the “Copy visual as image” icon on the visual header
  • When your visual is ready, paste your image using “Ctrl + V” or “right-click > Paste”

vpollymsft_0-1651630154538.png

Please refer to the blogs.

Copy a Visual as an Image 

Disable copy as an image for a specific visual 

If I have misunderstood your meaning, please provide your pbix file without privacy information for us to test.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RahulKhetan , 

Could you please tell me that did you upload to Power BI Service?  I cannot reproduce your issue. I can copy visual as image.

• Hover over a visual and click on the “Copy visual as image” icon on the visual header
  • When your visual is ready, paste your image using “Ctrl + V” or “right-click > Paste”

vpollymsft_0-1651630154538.png

Please refer to the blogs.

Copy a Visual as an Image 

Disable copy as an image for a specific visual 

If I have misunderstood your meaning, please provide your pbix file without privacy information for us to test.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amirabedhiafi
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Go to the online version.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-my/blog/announcing-copy-a-visual-as-an-image/

Also, powerpoint has an awesome feature that if you select multiple elements within the same page and you hit (ctrl+c), it automatically creates an image.png so you can (ctrl-v) anywhere.

The same should happen if you ctrl+c a visual within PBI.

Or  simply, Alt-PrtScn, paste into Paint and then crop.

Amira Bedhiafi
Full Stack Business Intelligence Consultant @Capgemini

There is no icon to copy on my visuals. Also there is no way for me to ctrl+C or copy the image.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.