Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cannot display visual - no connection in model

Hi,

When I create table that shows both unit_name and unit_type_id from tables 1 and 3 everything works.

When I create table that shows both unit_id and unit_type_id from tables 5 and 3 again - everything works.

But when I try to show all of that columns in one table I get error "Can't display visual". Details say there is no connection in model, but as you can see ther are.

Table number 2 just connects 1 and 3.

Table 4 filters only one name of types on all pages.

pic5.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I tried your solution and it didn't work but I had to rebuilt my model anyway. I think the problem was solved once I joined tables into one bigger so probably something was wrong with the relationships as you say.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

It seems like your fields not mapping correctly when you use all fields in the same visual. According to your snapshot, I found some tables are linked with single-mode relationships.
I'd like to suggest you change them to double-mode or remove these single-mode table fields to confirm if this issue related to them.

What is the Direction of Relationship in Power BI? 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I tried your solution and it didn't work but I had to rebuilt my model anyway. I think the problem was solved once I joined tables into one bigger so probably something was wrong with the relationships as you say.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.