Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RH-BIP
Helper III
Helper III

Cannot display visual (DirectQuery and AAS)

Hi,

I have 4 datasets in 1 workspace and I load up the 4 datasets with the new DirectQuery and AAS (preview version) in my target dataset where I made my measures etc. Everthing works fine until I publish it to the PowerBI Services APP. The end users that do not have access to the workspace can not see the visuals. I have given the end users read&build permissions on all 5 datasets.

Why are they still getting the visual error?

5 REPLIES 5
RH-BIP
Helper III
Helper III

@SivaMani thank you! that clearified a few things.

I was using the classic workspace and upgraded to the new workspace type, because I do not want to add the endusers as workspace members.

However after the upgrade my endusers get a new error. Only if I add them as a member to the new workspace it resolves the error and they can view the reports without any problem. But according to point 5 in your printscreen, that should not be necessary...right?

RHBIP_0-1630578100164.png

@RH-BIP, Glad that we are making progress towards the solution.

Refer #2, Users need BUILD Permission.  Check this out - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-datasets-manage-access-permissions#op...

Add your end users to the datasets permission with Build access. It will resolve the issue.

Members access The reason why member access resolves the issue is members of the workspace will have the owner privileges to the datasets under the workspace by default. In this case, users don't need a separate build permission.

Thanks,

Siva Mani

Hi @SivaMani 

I was aware of the build permissions, all the users have read & build permissions an all the 4 direct query datasets and on the main dataset, see printscreen below. But still the error remains...

RHBIP_0-1630584155051.png

@RH-BIP

if you're using a New workspace with Build permission, it should work in your case. I would suggest you contact support - https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

SivaMani
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.